guidelines for new students
Welcome to Motion Center Yoga.
You can start anytime by dropping into a beginner class. If you are interested in yoga we recommend signing up for a four week intro series so that you learn the basics of Iyengar Yoga. Our studio is welcoming and down to earth. Our goal is to make you feel comfortable so that our classes are accessible to all.
Our studio is located in a historic mill and includes an entry area/changing area for shoes, bags and coats and a practice space. There is lots of on street parking, as well as 2 parking lots. We are right off of 95, a block from the Mad Dog Cafe, and minutes from the East Side of Providence.
Contact us with any questions.
- Arrive a few minutes early to check in. Classes start on time.
- Avoid eating a full meal 2 hours before yoga. A light snack is fine.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Layers are recommended if you get hot when active or cold when relaxing. All classes especially Feldenkrais and Still Moving involve lying on the ground (on a mat and blanket).
- Avoid wearing perfumes or scented body/hair products because we have students who are allergic.
- No gum or loose jewelry.
- Yoga is practiced barefoot.
- Always let your instructor know before class if you have any health issues or concerns.
- Studio is fully equipped with props and yoga mats. You are welcome to bring your own mat.