Welcome to Motion Center Yoga
You can start yoga anytime by dropping into a beginner class. Our studio is welcoming and down to earth. Our goal is to make you feel comfortable so that our classes are accessible to all. If you are interested in yoga we strongly recommend signing up for a four week intro series so that you learn the basics of Iyengar Yoga. If you are new to Feldenkrais, you must attend an Intro class offered in the first 2 weeks of the term. Most Feldenkrais lessons are done lying on the floor, on your back, side or stomach. If any of these positions are difficult for you, or if you have trouble getting on and off the floor, please contact Sumati before coming to class.
Our studio is located in a historic mill and includes an entry and changing area for shoes, bags and coats next to our beautiful practice space. There are restrooms in the building, down the hall from the studio. There is lots of on-street parking, as well as 2 parking lots, on either side of the building. We are located right off of I- 95, a block from the Mad Dog Cafe, and minutes from the East Side of Providence. Contact us with any questions.
- Arrive a few minutes early to check in. Classes start on time.
- Avoid eating a full meal 2 hours before yoga. A light snack is fine.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Layers are recommended if you get hot when active or cold when relaxing. All classes especially Feldenkrais and Still Moving involve lying on the ground (on a mat and blanket).
- Avoid wearing perfumes or scented body/hair products because we have students who are allergic.
- No gum or loose jewelry.
- Yoga is practiced barefoot.
- Always let your instructor know before class if you have any health issues or concerns.
- Studio is fully equipped with props and yoga mats. You are welcome to bring your own mat.